Start Up EG SIM card
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to activate EG SIM card.
Step 1. Activate EG SIM card
In order to use EG SIM Card, you have to activate first by visiting this link and then follow below
Step 2. Check if your mobile phone is compatible
Most 3G wireless providers in Korea use the UMTS/HSDPA frequency of 2100 MHz, make sure your
phone supports this frequency in order to enjoy full 3G speed.
Step 3. Unlock your phone prior to coming to Korea
- To find out if your phone is unlocked, click here.
- If locked, contact your mobile service customer center.
Step 4. Turn Airplane & Wi-Fi mode OFF
* Turn Wi-Fi mode on to use Wi-Fi zone later in Korea.
Step 5. Power down > INSERT EG SIM card > Power on
Step 6. Add EG SIM card APN (Access Point Name)
- You have to update your phone data settings to connect to the internet.
- Please go to your phone settings and add EG SIM card APN on your mobile network settings.
1) APN information for EG SIM card using KT Network
- - Access point name: EGM
- - APN: alwayson.ktfwing.com
- - MCC: 450
- - MNC: 08
- - Server / MMSC: http://mmsc.ktfwing.com:9082
2) How to add EG SIM card APN on mobile phone
For Android phone:
- (1) Press the Menu key > Tap Settings > Tap Wireless & networks > Tap Mobile networks
- (2) Tap Access Point Names > Tap New APN
- (3) Tap Name then tap the text box and enter EGM then tap OK
- (4) Tap APN then tap the text box and enter alwayson.ktfwing.com then tap OK
- (5) Tap MMSC then tap the text box and
- (6) Enter http://mmsc.ktfwing.com:9082 then tap OK
- (7) Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 450 then tap OK
- (8) Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 08 then tap OK
- (9) Please keep in mind that you do not change the rest of other settings.
- (10) Press the Menu key > Tap Save > Tap new added APN > Press reset to default.
- (11) Power down and activate EG SIM card service.
- (1) Open your iPhone, connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- (2) Launch the following website from Safari web browser. http://www.unlockit.co.nz * Please do on your own phone!
- (3) Tap Create APN
- (4) Choose your Country and Carrier and then tap Create Profile. (Carrier : KT)
- (5) Tap Install and confirm installation.
(6) Reboot your iPhone and you’re done!
If you tend to remove your this profile, go to Settings > General > scroll down and you will see Profile: APN Carrier S